Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our Trip East and Back: Day 7- August 6, 2011: Tomah to Nippersink in, WI.

We were up at 4:00 am to help milk the goats.  I forgot to mention yesterday, but our friends invited us to spend the night at their house.  So we didn't even go to the camp grounds.

All of we girls went down to the barn with the boys to help milk.  But only Bobbie, Billie and me milked with the boys.  With the three of us helping it only took half the time it usually did.

After milking we were called in for breakfast, cause we needed to hurry up eat, pack so we could get on the road my cousins house.

We didn't want to leave.  We dragged our feet as much as we could.

We were on the road by 7:15 am.  Had to stop in Kendall for gas and restrooms.

We passed through towns we lived near once.  Saw the fire station where my dad was a firefighter.  Plus other things we knew as little children.  Some things had changed over the 12 years since we had lived in the area.

Got to my cousins house around 9:00 am.  Met his wife and four children that we never seen.  Then my Aunt showed up (my cousins Mom).  It was so good to see everyone.  Got caught up on news and other stuff.  Had lunch.


LUNCH!!!!  YEA!!!!!

Pretty flower.


Left there at 1:20  pm.  Had to pull over a few miles out to wait for my cousin to run the yoghurt down that we had left!!!

At 2:34 pm we had for coffee for Mom's husband.  Everyone but the parents, Giraffe, Melody, my youngest sister, Dolly and me were sleeping.

Passed quite a few places and things that brought back memories.  It was good to be back.  Just wish I could have stayed. 

We arrived at the resort where we would be spending the next few days (and where the wedding was being held).  Mom went in to see where our rooms were.

We parked and then unloaded the van and trailer.  And got everyone and everything settled in the rooms.

Then my girlfriend (the one that was getting married), her fiance 9 he was staying at the resort too), her parents and two sisters showed up.  It was good to see them again after so many years.    We visited for a while, then they had to go.

Greeting our friends!!!

Lots to talk about!!

A shawl Mom made for the bride to be.


I don't remember what we did for the rest of the day.  I think we finished unpacking and making sure we had everything for the wedding that was the next day.

Peacock Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment